A very easy Beer Bread recipe, no need to proof or even knead the dough…just mix and bake!
- 3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle or can (12 fl oz) beer, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to Gas 5 / 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the beer all at once, mixing as little as possible; the batter should be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into a 9-x-5-x-3-inch loaf pan and brush with the melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.