Ingredients to serve four
480g plain flour
4 large organic eggs
Pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place flour in a mound on clean work surface and form a well within the mound.
- Crack eggs into the well and add salt and olive oil.
- Using fingers of one hand gently break the egg yolk and incorporate the flour into the centre of the mound to mix with the eggs.
- Continue to blend the flour with the eggs until all flour has been absorbed and once the dough starts to form, bring it together with your palms and knead into a smooth yellow dough for 5mins. If dough appears on dry – add a splash of water.
- Cover the dough with cling film and allow to rest and form in the fridge for 30mins.
- Remove dough from fridge, flour clean work surface, divide the dough into 4 segments and roll each segment out as think as possible.
- Once the dough has been rolled out, fold it over itself several times and cut the roll of pasta to approximately ¼ inch. Dust with flour and repeat the process until all the dough has been cut.
- Set cut pasta aside and leave at room temperature to cook or place in fridge to be cooked later. Fresh pasta keeps for up to 3 days in the fridge or 4 weeks if frozen.
- If cooking immediately, add 8 cups of water into a saucepan, bring to the boil then add a pinch of salt and add the pasta. Add the pasta and allow to cook for just under 2mins or until the pasta floats to the top. Strain the past of water and serve as desired.
Bon Appétit Dino