230g unsalted butter, room temperature
230g golden caster sugar
4 large organic eggs
300ml sour cream
1tsp vanilla extract
250g self raising flour,sieved
1tsp baking powder
6-8 plums, stoned and sliced
1 tbsp demerara sugar
- Pre-heat oven Gas 6/200c/ 400f
- Grease and line an 8 inch spring form cake tin.
- Beat the butter, sugar and eggs using an electric whisk.Then add the sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder then pour into prepared cake tin. Bake for 20mins.
- While the sponge cake is baking, prepare the plums.
- Take sponge cake out of the oven, arrange the fruit on top and sprinkle with demerara sugar. Return to oven and bake for further 30-40mins or until the sponge is cooked. Use the knife trick and test centre of cake to check cooked; if it comes out clean it’s cooked.
- Serve with custard or ice cream. Enjoy!