- 400g diced pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle for the pumpkin
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of peas
- 25g butter
- 200g risotto rice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1L hot vegetable stock, plus extra splash if needed
- 50g grated parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ Gas 4. Place diced pumpkin and hollowed pumpkin on a baking tray. Drizzle over some oil and roast for 30 mins.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp oil with the butter in your pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Once the onions are soft but not getting brown, add the rice and cumin. Stir well to coat in the buttery mix for about 1 min.
- Add half a cup of the stock, and stir every now and then until it has all disappeared into the rice. Add the peas. Carry on adding and stirring in a large splash of stock at a time, until you have used up all the stock and the rice is cooked.
- Take the baked pumpkin out of the oven, add diced pumpkin to the cooked risotto and stir in the grated parmesan cheese. Serve in the baked pumpkin with a crisp dry white wine and enjoy.